Thursday, July 8, 2010

Amsterdam: Made by Hand

I just started reading Amsterdam: Made by Hand, a new book by Australian interiors stylist Pia Jane Bijkerk. I picked it up in Melbourne last week because I knew it would give me heaps of inspiration for displays, and I'm loving it so far. It's a small book but I'm rationing it so I've only peeked at a few pages! (I know, I'm silly!)


Pia Jane Bijkerk has been living on a houseboat in Amsterdam since 2007. Amsterdam: Made by Hand is a collection of photos and stories about makers of beautiful handmade goods and artworks, and the shops where their work is sold. It's a companion to her book Paris: Made by Hand. The format of the two books is the same but you can definitely tell that the two cities have very different feels, which to me says that Pia's captured the essence of each city's style.


No comments: